Partner Project

For the partner project, we created an ESLEO course outline based on the Ontario high school ESL curriculum.  We used the Ministry of Education curriculum to design a course for an online classroom.

We needed to incorporate constructivist theories into our course.  We did this by making it authentic, learner-centered, and collaborative.  We read articles and research on constructivist language  teaching.  It appears to be an intelligent and thoughtful perspective on language teaching.  


Collaboration
Collaborating with my partner was fine.  It was only two of us, so we could use email easily or the partner forum.  We used the C2C chat functions quite often, and I thought they were useful.  It was similar to Windows Messenger, which is easy to use.  Collaborating on the notes was interesting too.  It is a different experience for group work because both people have the same access to the final product.  Normally in group work, each person handles a different section.  This seemed more collaborative than that.  


Learning Progress
I learned a lot from the pertner project.  I have worked on many course outlines for the Ontario high school curcciulum, but I seldom have the opportunity to discuss these outlines with other high school educators.  My partner teaches in Ontario high schools, so it was  nice to see a teacher's perspective on the outlines.

I was happy to consider online platforms with high school curriculum, something I seldom do.  This assignment motivated me to use more online learning in the upcoming school year.  I have improved in my ability to design online courses.  I will take these new skills and apply them.









No comments:

Post a Comment