End of the Class

Reflecting on the entire class makes me consider a few things:



1.  I need to be more open to different ways of communication.  
In the beginning I was adamant about using email to collaborate.  In the end, I see I should not have been so closed to other technology.  I enjoyed using other forms of collaboration, even if only to show me something different.   


2.  New ideas exist for everything.
The more I discuss online education, the more resources I find.  This course was no different, as I came across several new online ideas and resources.  


3.  Online collaboration makes different group member schedules less of a problem.
It was somewhat easy to share ideas and make improvements to our project even if we didn't work on it at the same time.  We collaborated on many of the web pages as well as the forum notes.  We did not have similar schedules, and the collaboration we had often was asynchronous.


4.  Online learning needs to be communicative.
For second language teaching, online learning must provide students the chance to collaborate and communicate.  It is especially challenging to have oral communication.  In this class, I collaborated without speaking to any of my teammates.  This wouldn't be acceptable for an ESL student.  

   


No comments:

Post a Comment