Group Project











We chose to call our website The Collaborative Classroom.  Our purpose was to create a website that gives educators resources and strategies for creating and managing online collaboration.  We focused on the following ideas:

Building Online Communities
Online Collaborative Tools
Resources
Synchronous Collaboration



The Platform
We initially chose Blogger, but decided to use Google Sites because it was suggested in the course.  I was upset because I have a lot of experience with Blogger, and I was looking forward to teaching my teammates some things I have learned.

However, I was happy we chose Google Sites because it gave me the chance to learn a new platform.  It was very similar to Blogger (both are owned by Google), but it had some differences.

In the end, I would never use Google Sites again.  It is very simplistic, and it has few features.  Blogger is as easy, but it has many more features.


Collaboration
Collaborating with my teammates was nice.  Everyone participated and we accomplished some very nice results.  It is always nice to share ideas with other educators, and my group mates all added a lot to the team effort.

I understand collaboration is as much a component of the group work as the finished product.  This created problems as we were often more concerned with documenting our collaboration than we were with our website.  Meetings were very challenging using the text-based collaborative tools (typewith.me).

Despite collaboration issues, the group worked very well together.  All four of us took on a different role in the group.  Some were organizers, others idea creators, and others action takers.  However, everyone changed roles throughout, and we all did each of the key tasks for the group.  In the end, it worked out well.


Here is the website.  It has resources for online collaboration and learning.











No comments:

Post a Comment