Individual Project

My individual project was to create a website based on an interest of mine.

I chose to create a site on task-based language teaching.  This has been a major focus of my studies at OISE, and I enjoyed the chance to organize my knowledge and research into a website.

I really enjoyed making the ebook for my website.  
10 ELT Logic Problems is a helpful resource for anyone teaching English as a second language.  The logic problems display collaborative tasks, something I explored in this class.  They were inspired by the collaborative strategies from this course.    

I also enjoyed the task-based site I made.  I created a lot of new tasks for that site, and I was proud of the work I did.  I believe the activities on that website are helpful for any teacher in a second language classroom.  I also believe those tasks are applicable for other classrooms that are not only second language.  

Learning Progress
The assignment expected me to go beyond the level of knowledge I had at the beginning of the course.  I did this, and I am happy with everything I learned.

I improved my ability to alter templates in Blogger.  I felt more comfortable with text and colour changes.  

I really improved in my deep linking.  Most pages have links to other pages.  I was happy with the way I managed links as well as labels.  Paying attention to these details is crucial for site organization. 

I was happy with the design I created in Blogger.  Often, it can be a challenge to create a nice looking design, but I was happy with what I came up with.  I have used Blogger several times before, but this design and layout looked really nice for my abilities.  I was happy with my progress in web design.

I learned more about task-based language teaching and learning as I reviewed notes and looked at new sources.  It was nice to be able to summarize all the ideas and present them in a new way.  



Here is the site I made.

Task-Based Teaching


Future Changes
I would like to continue to add to Task-Based Teaching.  It has potential to be a useful and popular site.  However, this would be after more work and added resources and pages.  

I would like some videos, but I did not find anything exciting.  I would like to search more.  Another option would be to create a PowerPoint presentation video.

I definitely need to add more tasks.  The tasks I have now are good, but they also need a little work.  Hopefully more tasks will mean a strengthening of that section.  

I would like more links and resources.  This web site could be stronger with more links and articles.  Reducing people's research time is a clear purpose of this site moving forward.    This website could be the sources for task-based language teaching research.







No comments:

Post a Comment