Before the Class

What were my expectations before the class began?

I didn't know what to expect before this course started.  I was excited to use technology, as well as share ideas with others about online education.  I was looking to find new ways to collaborate online.

Before the class began I was looking forward to beginning.  I was also unsure of what to expect as it was my first online class at OISE.

The survey at the beginning was useful because it allowed me to reflect on my experience with technology.  I rated myself as an advanced technology user due to my experience with a variety of online software.  In my current position, I use technology on a regular basis, so I was prepared for many of the systems we would discuss.

However, this was my first online class as a student since my undergraduate courses.  I had taught several courses online in both synchronous and asycnhrounous platforms, so I was interested to see it from a student perspective.  

I looked forward to helping other students and showing them some of the knowledge I have.

I was also looking forward to hearing about online platforms in other areas of education.  Classes for young children in the public systems or different areas of adult education were examples I was looking for.










No comments:

Post a Comment